Bears quarterback Jay Cutler had a terrible game Thursday night -- five interceptions in a brutal 10-6 loss to a very bad San Francisco team. But there were so many mistakes in this debacle that I almost don't know where to begin. Let's add them up, shall we?
1. Devin Hester slipped coming out of a break and caused a Cutler interception that set up the 49ers' lone touchdown. Hester also committed two penalties on the night.
2. Tommie Harris jumped offsides twice. Idiot.
3. The Bears committed two delay-of-game penalties WHILE IN A HURRY-UP OFFENSE in the final two minutes of the first half. The second penalty forced Robbie Gould to kick a field goal five yards farther back. Fortunately, Gould made the kick. He's one of the few Bears who does not have his head up his ass.
4. The Bears took that delay of game penalty before the Gould kick WHILE THEY STILL HAD ONE TIMEOUT LEFT. Great time management, Lovie. Like Tommie Harris, you're an idiot.
5. Chris Williams gets called for an unnecessary roughness penalty with two minutes left and the Bears trying to mount a game-winning drive. Yeah, like you can afford to give up 15 yards there. Undisciplined.
We can probably go on and on like this all night. I'm sure others who watched this game would be able to come up with even more Bears gaffes.
People sometimes ask me why football is the No. 4 sport on my list, behind baseball, hockey and basketball. Well, around here we're stuck with the Bears and the Fighting Illini. And, boy, are they bad.
The only silver lining? You're free to do something else with your Sunday afternoons for the next two months. No need to continue watching this poorly-coached, injury-riddle, undisciplined, bad Bears team.