The White Sox got a rare home victory Monday night, defeating the vastly overrated Detroit Tigers 7-5. It was just a weird win, because everything that happened seemed to be the exact opposite of what you would expect as a White Sox fan. For example:
1. Dayan Viciedo went 2-for-3 with a home run and four RBI.
2. Brent Morel actually got an RBI hit on a hanging curve ball.
3. Zach Stewart fired three shutout innings of relief to get the win.
4. Hector Santiago struck his way out of a first-and-second, no-outs jam in the seventh.
5. Matt Thornton put up a zero in an uneventful eighth inning.
6. Paul Konerko had two horrible at-bats, looking brutal as he struck out.
So, in other words, several players who have been struggling did well. Konerko, the reliable elder statesman of the White Sox, did poorly.
This can only mean one thing. It's just the introduction to the opposite sketches....