NOTE: The royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton is Friday -- at 5 a.m. Central time -- and more than 8,000 journalists from all over the world are expected to be their to chronicle the royals' special day. The Courier-News staff is not among them. But that won't stop us from blogging about it!
Today: Reporter Mike Danahey's Top 10 reasons he won't be watching the royal wedding.
- 1. Golden retrievers are bred according to lineage, too. I wouldn't watch that either -- and it can result in maladies like hip dysplasia or big ears.
- 2. Elgin neighborhood activist Chuck Keysor spends less than $800 a year on food. The wedding is supposed to cost $115 million, which would be enough to feed Chuck for 143,750 years or a whole town of Keysors for one year.
- 3. I thought we won the Revolutionary War, which meant we were pretty much done with these twits.
- 4. I'm still not completely over the Great Famine.
- 5. Disney princesses are more animated than these two.
More, after the jump.
- 6. At least when I waste my time watching sports, the talent involved has some discernible skills, however frivolous. I'd like to see a prince (aside from the one named Fielder) hit a home run.
- 7. Because this is my favorite version of "God Save the Queen."
- 8. Any cop can tell you there's really no good reason for being up at this time of day.
- 9. My kilt is at the dry cleaners.
- 10. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
-- Mike Danahey, Reporter