Separation at the top: With Larkin's 3-0 victory over No. 2 Streamwood last week, the Royals further solidified their hold on the top spot in the boys soccer rankings.
This week, Larkin (17-1, 7-1 UEC) will look to wrap up its first league title in program history. In order to get it, the Royals will have beat St. Charles North on Tuesday.
The Royals hold a slim lead in the UEC standings over Neuqua Valley (6-1-2). The Wildcats close with Bartlett and East Aurora.
Note: Rankings are based on performance against like-sized schools.
1) St. Charles East (26-2): Saints took 2nd at Mizuno Cup. Didn't get rematch with Naperville Central.
2) Burlington Central (23-5): Rockets close to wrapping up another undefeated BNCE title.
3) Hampshire (24-2): Whitehouse expressed concern with serving accuracy after last victory.
4) Huntley (16-9): Red Raiders took 4th at own 16-team tourney last weekend.
5) St. Edward (15-12): Advanced to Gold bracket of Huntley Invitational.
On the bench: Bartlett, Dundee-Crown, St. Charles North.
1) Larkin (17-1): Needs 1 more win to wrap up first Upstate Eight Conference title.
2) Streamwood (15-4-3): Beat Schaumburg, which entered Pepsi tourney as No. 1 seed, to post another impressive victory.
3) Genoa-Kingston (11-5): Defeated Westminster Christian 3-0 in possible postseason preview.
4) Jacobs (9-7-4): Will play Huntley Oct. 21 in interesting first-round regional match.
5) St. Charles North (9-8-3): Will look to knock off Larkin tonight in a possible postseason preview.
On the bench: Huntley, Dundee-Crown, St. Charles East.