Tired of the same old spaceships? Then create your own.
Atari announced the launch of Star Trek Online Architect, which will allow participants to create their own spacecraft and share the design with others. To take part, visit www.startrekonline.com/architect/.
The site will also include a mini-game and a sweepstakes. Prizes will include a replica of the captain's chair, copies of the Star Trek Online (see screenshots) game and Intel Core i7-920 processors. In the mini-game, players compete to assemble a ship as quickly as possible with the provided pieces.
Elsewhere around the gaming universe:
- The helicopter sim Apache: Air Assault will appear this fall for the Xbox 360 and PS3, Activision announced. The game, developed by Gaijin Entertainment, will put players in control of Apache attack helicopters in a battle against terrorists.
- It's summer; it's hot. So why not? Nexon America announced beach wear will be available for avatars in its free-to-play Dungeon Fighter Online.
- New content has been announced for the free-to-play Cabal Online: Secrets of Radiant Hall from GamesMasters.com. Included are two new dungeons, a daily quest system, revamped interface, custom key bindings, improved party searching and more.
- Another expansion for Field of Glory (previously reviewed here) is available from Matrix Games and Slitherine Strategies. Immortal Fire covers units, armies and tactics from the Classical and Hellenistic eras.
- The combat game Breach will be delayed, Atomic Games announced. The game now will launch for the PC and on Xbox Live Arcade in January.
- Upgrades are on the way for Wolf Team, a free-to-play shooter from Aeria Games. In the game, human soldiers battle werewolves. The update will include a streamlined interface, new characters anf for the first time, female soldiers. Visit http://wolfteam.aeriagames.com.