Vanquish (screenshot above), a sci-fi shooter created by Shinji Mikami, has been released by Sega of America for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Mikami is creator of the Resident Evil series.
The Vanquish story involves a titantic struggle between Russia and the United States for control of the planet's fast-dwindling resources. Players take the role of Sam, a government agent outfitted with a futuristic battle suit.
Also out now:
- NeoCore Games and Paradox Interactive announced a demo for Lionheart: Kings' Crusade, an RTS set during the Second Crusade. The demo can be found on FilePlanet.
- Nexon America released an update for Dungeon Fighter Online, "Act V: The Reckoning," which revamps the priest class.
- Grotesque Tactics - Evil Heroes now is available digitally for $19.99 from Meridian4. The game is described as a "unique parody/strategy RPG."
- War Rock, the free-to-play FPS from GamersFirst, has new game mode, Zombie Mode. The new mode currently is limited to the Blind Bullet map.
- Open beta testing for Kitsu Saga, a free-to-play MMORPG from Aeria Games, is under way.
- Time Crisis: Rising Storm by Namco Bandai Games America now is available for the PlayStation 3. The arcade shooter also supports the PlayStation Move controller.
- An update for Shot -Online was announced by GamesCampus.com. New to the free-to-play online golf game is Swift Stroke Mode, which cuts the time between turns, a guild level cap increase, Halloween themes and more.
- Sega released screenshots for Shogun 2: Total War (above, right). The game of battle in feudal Japan will be strictly for the PC and is expected in 2011.
- On Oct. 25, new downloadable content will be available for Sid Meier's Civilization V from 2K Games. (Look here for a review next week). The free content features the Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack. A Babylon Civilization Pack will be available for $4.99.
- Electronic Arts announced a free download for Medal of Honor. A new multiplayer mode called Clean Sweep will be available Nov. 2 and will feature two new maps.
- On Nov. 16, look for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood from Ubisoft for the Xbox 360 and PS3. For the first time, multiplayer mode will come to the franchise.
- Atlus Online announced the free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Pandora Saga will launch in early 2011. The game will feature up to 600 players in weekly realm-vs.-realm matches.
- The Undead Nightmare Pack for Red Dead Redemption will be available Oct. 26, Rockstar Games American announced. The add-on will introduce zombies to gameplay.
- Another free-to-play MMORPG, War of Angels, is expected from Neowiz Games. Sign up for an upcoming closed beta at www.warofangels.net.
- Meridian4 signed a deal with Arberth Studios to distribute its horror point-and-click adventure Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches Premium Edition.
- A game trailer for Men of War: Vietnam can be viewed at www.menofwargame.com, 1C Company announced.
- In time for Halloween, a spooky new hidden-object game, Redrum: Time Lies, is available for the PC from Anarchy Enterprises, www.anarchyent.com.
- Creaky Corpse announced a 3D version of its free zombie apocalypse game, Dead Frontier, www.deadfrontier.com.