Knights Contract (see screenshots) from Namco Bandai Games America will ship Feb. 22 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the company announced.
The action will take place in a medieval world of swordcraft and magic. Heinrich, an immortal executioner, and Gretchen, a resurrected witch, team up to rid their world of the enemies and the curse upon its people.
The game will be rated M for Mature.
In other game news:
- For the first time, a D&D title will be available through digital download. Bedlam Games announced Dungeons & Dragons Daggerblade through Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation Network and Windows PC download. With a spring release date, the game will tell the story of the battle against the evil Rezlus and his Zhentarim. The RPG will offer solo and co-op play for up to four players.
- Two DLC packs are coming for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow from Konami. In "Reverie," players will return to the Castle as Gabriel to help Laura, former servant to the vampire, destroy the evil that lurks there. "Resurrection" will continue the story. Both packs are expected early in 2011.
- Aeria Games, publisher of free-to-play titles, will launch Realm of the Titans, an action strategy title, in Western markets. In the online game, players will do battle in teams of powerful heroes and dangerous villains.
- Matrix Games announced the availability of Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi. The expansion will continue the action started in Distant Worlds, a space strategy game. Until Jan. 4, Matrix will offer special pricing on both the expansion and original game.
- Meanwhile, Matrix and Slitherine reported that PC World named two of their games among its top 10 for 2010. Honored were Across the Dnepr 2 and Battles from the Bulge.
- A new space strategy game for Windows was announced by Vancouver-based Crypstone Games. Star Prospector, the developer says, will mix RTS and RPG elements. For more, visit www.crypstone.com.