The fifth anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited (see screenshots) has been marked by a content update by Turbine Inc.
According to Turbine, players will be invited to travel back to pirate-infested Smuggler's Rest, the first port visited by early travelers to Stormreach. There, they will assist Euphonia in a treasure map hunt. Successful serverwide completion of the first phase will unlock passage to Crystal Cove for a limited time.
Dungeons & Dragons Online Unlimited is a free-to-play MMORPG. Visit www.ddo.com
In other news:
- Pre-order incentives have been announced for Battlefield 3, coming this fall from the Electronic Arts studio DICE. Pre-orders will feature the multiplayer expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. Among the items the pack will include are four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Visit www.battlefield.com.
- A second world for Stronghold Kingdoms has been launched, Firefly Studios announced. The title is a free-to-play massively-multiplayer castle building game. Visit www.strongholdkingdoms.com.
- Sept. 20 is the day to expect the hotly anticipated Gears of War 3 from Microsoft. The official multiplayer beta also is coming soon.
- Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is making its way to the PC on March 18. The game will be available in four editions: Standard, Codex, Special and Digital Deluxe. Minimum PC system specs are: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 GHz; video card: Nvidia 7900 256 MB or ATI Radeon X1950 256 MB.
- A digital download pack for Dead Space 2 from EA will be available March 1. Dead Space 2: Severed will feature two stand-alone single-player chapters. Cost will be $6.99 on the PlayStation Network or 560 MS points through Xbox Live Marketplace.
- Aeria Games officially launched its latest free-to-play browser-based game, Heroes of Gaia: Rise of the Guilds. Check out the fantasy-themed strategy game at http://heroesofgaia.aeriagames.com.