Kalypso Media released new screenshots (above and at right) of its upcoming space simulation Legends of Pegasus.
The game will feature exploration, empire building, resource exploitation and conflict.
The action will be a mix of real-time and turn-based strategy.
On tap for Legends of Pegasus, which is set for a June PC release, are both a single-player campaign and multiplayer. For the ambitious, it will offer a variety of modding options.
In other news:
- TERA, an action MMO for the PC, now is available for pre-order from En Masse Entertainment. For details on the various editions, visit store.enmasse.com. To register for the beta testing, visit TERA-online.com.
- In just six weeks, Star Wars: The Old Republic has sold more than 2 million copies and has more than 1.7 million active subscribers. The online MMO is proving to be a big hit for BioWare and Electronic Arts.
- Hi-Rez Studios announced an update including class customization, more free classes a new user interface for its upcoming free-to-play Tribes; Ascend. The action game is now in beta; visit www.tribesascend.com.
- The free-to-play military shooter Cross Fire boasts a new Hero Mode X, G4Box announced. The new mode puts players in the control of either the electricity-equipped alien "Xeno," or the dual kukri-wielding Commando.
- New heroes for Marvel: Avengers Alliance were announced by Playdom. They are Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Colossus, Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Phoenix and Storm. They join the already announced Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Thor and Wolverine.
- The WWII armor free-for-all, the free-to-play World of Tanks, is getting another update, Wargaming.net announced. Included will be two new maps: Live Oaks, set in North America, and Campania, depicting the Italian countryside.
- A new screenshot (below) can be seen for Game of Thrones, coming for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC from Focus Home Interactive and Cyanide Studio. The game is based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series and the recent HBO adaptation.