Oct. 16 will be the day BioShock Infinite will be available in North America, 2K Games announced.
The next title (screenshot above) in the celebrated series will be available Oct. 19 internationally.
Developed by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
In the game, Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent, together with his AI companion Elizabeth, will try to escape the sky-city of Columbia, which is set in a 1912 America that might have been.
In other news:
- Somewhat earlier, in fact just days away, Amored Core V (screenshot below) will arrive from Namco Bandai Games America for the PS3 and 360. The mech warfare game was created by FromSoftware.
- The online trading card game Carte has officially launched, free-to-play games portal GamesCampus.com announced. To try your hand, visit http://carte.gamescampus.com.
- From Konami comes Blades of Time for the 360 and PS3, which is out now. The action title features a device called Time Rewind that allows players to clone themselves and travel back in time to attack enemies and solve puzzles.
- The sci-fi FPS Tribes: Ascend will be released April 12, Hi-Rez Studios announced. It bills itself as the "world's fastest shooter."
- On March 29, Konami will release the two-game Silent Hill HD Collection for the 360 and PS3. The collection will offer HD remakes of the second and third games in the series.
- Field of Glory: Napoleonic has been released by Slitherine and Osprey Publishing. The game takes the well-received FOG series for ancient warfare and adapts it to cover the musket and shako.
- The free-to-play MMORTS Stronghold Kingdoms from Firefly Studios has topped 500,000 registered players, the company announced.