Iron Front - Liberation 1944, from Deep Silver and X1 Software, is due out May 25 for the PC.
The game (see screenshot) is based on the ARMA II Operation Arrowhead engine from Bohemia Interactive. The action takes place in southern Poland during the Soviet offensive of 1944.
Players can take on the role of either a German or Russian infantryman. Additionally, players will be able to guide tanks and pilot World War vintage aircraft such as the Stuka or Petlyakov PE-2.
The game also will feature online multiplayer in both cooperative and competitive modes.
In other news:
- Red 5 Studios plans a closed beta sometime this year of its upcoming free-to-play shooter Firefall. The game is to be demonstrated April 6-8 at PAX East in Boston.
- Dungeon Blitz, a free-to-play, side-scrolling brawler with some RPG and MMO elements, was launched by Blue Mammoth Games. Check it out at www.dungeonblitz.com.
- Author Brandon Sanderson's fantasy series Mistborn will be the basis for a game expected next year for the PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Mac. Mistborn: Birthright is being developed, Little Orbit announced.
- The first DLC for Asura's Wrath now is available on the PlayStation Network, Capcom announced. DLC for the 360 is due March 28. Episode 11.5 offers an insight into what happens between two episodes from the full game.
- The online action game Gettysburg: Armored Warfare now is available for the PC, Paradox Interactive announced. The game envisions an American Civil War where tanks rule the battlefield.
- The puzzle platformer World Gone Sour will be available April 10 on the PlayStation Network and April 11 on Xbox Live Arcade, Capcom announced. The game is based on the Sour Than Sweet candy Sour Patch Kids.
- An update for the open beta of the free-to-play, multiplayer shooter Tribes: Ascend was announced by Hi-Rez Studios. The game is set to release on April 12.