Cyanide and Focus Home Interactive released screenshots (pictured) for the upcoming tactical RPG Confrontation.
The game is a video adaptation of the tabletop miniatures combat game created by Rackham.
In the game, players will lead a troupe of Griffin warriors who have entered enemy territory to quash the Scorpion threat. Along the way, players will face such threats as the Alchemists of Dirz, the Orcs of Bran-O-Kor and the Wolfen.
All of the action unfolds in the mysterious land of Aarklash created by Rackham.
The game is expected to be available for the PC soon.
In other news:
- From March 23 to 25 in Columbus, Ohio, Major League Gaming will kick off its ninth Pro Circuit season with the MLG Winter Championship. More than 1,000 players will compete for $200,000 in prizes. Games to be played include StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Halo: Reach, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V, The King of Fighters XIII and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter will launch Oct. 23, Danger Close Games and EA announced. The game will continue the reboot of the Medal of Honor series in 2010 that moved the action from World War II to present-day Afghanistan.
- A trial version of Defenders of Ardania from Paradox Interactive and Deep Silver is available through Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360. A demo also is available for the Windows PC and iPad .
- The Sith lord Darth Maul is back. Back, that is, in Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures from Sony Online Entertainment. Darth Maul appears in three missions include a boss fight in the Ancient Sith Academy on Umbara. To reach the boss fight, players will need to complete the Sinister Holocron collection.
- An update to the free-to-play first-person shooter Cross Fire was announced by G4Box Inc. The update includes some mission changes, new maps and a limited edition set of Royal Dragoon weapons.
- The steampunk airship combat game Guns of Icarus Online is gearing up for its closed beta, Muse Games announced. The closed beta is full, but players can sign up for the open beta at www.GunsofIcarus.com.
- Blacklight Retribution, a futuristic free-to-play first-person shooter has entered its open beta stage, Perfect World Entertainment announced. Visit www.playblacklight.com.