Wonder if there will be AK-47s like in Guns of the South?
Paradox Interactive and Radioactive Software announced their alternate history American Civil War game, Gettysburg: Armored Warfare, will be available March 27 for the PC on Steam and other digital platforms. The game will sell for $9.99.
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare (see screenshots) is a hybrid multiplayer third-person shooter and real-time strategy game. Up to 64 players at a time will fight for control of the war's pivotal battlefield.
Besides infantry, cavalry and tanks, the game promises ships, zeppelins and more.
In other news:
- The hybrid turn-based and real-time strategy game Achtung Panzer: Operation Star now is available Matrix Games and Graviteam announced. The action takes place during the World War II Eastern Front Battle of Kharkov.
- A closed beta will begin March 29 for the strategy browser game Forge of Empires from InnoGames. Pre-register at www.forgeofempires.com.
- Beta signups for the MMO Salem will be taken at http://beta.salemthegame.com. Salem will be a free-to-play game from Paradox Interactive and Seatribe set in the New World where pilgrims struggle to survive.
- Blades of Time: Limited Edition is available for pre-order on Steam for the PC and Mac. The game from Gaijin Entertainment involves a treasure hunter, Aymui, who is skilled with both guns and swords.
- Frogster will release the fifth chapter in its online RPG Runes of Magic in June. The Fires of Shadowforge expansion will bring new zones, a new playable dwarf face and two new arcane classes - sorcerer and champion.