World of Battles: Morningstar, a free-to-play fantasy RTS, now is available on Steam, Frogware announced.
Along with the Steam availability, the company also announced updates for the game (see screenshots).
A Clan System will allow players to team up to conquer their neighbors. There also will be a global map that allows players to command their armies from above.
Also new are three giants, maps, gear and game balancing.
In other news:
- Ubisoft announced development of Silent Hunter Online. It will be a browser-based multiplayer game based on the company's submarine simulation. To apply for the closed beta, visit www.silenthunteronline.com.
- A free update is available for the quirky shooter Gotham City Imposters. The update includes a new East End map and the Bounty Hunter mode. The latter is a variation of Team Deathmatch that has players collecting bounties from fallen foes.
- Valve announced the free Portal DLC called Perpetual Testing Initiative. PTI, to be available May 8 for PC and Mac, will allow players to create and share Portal 2 puzzles.
- A content expansion has been rolled out for the free-to-play PVP war title Riot Zone from Mail.RU Games. For details on what's new, visit www.riotzone.net/.
- Gravity Interactive launched a browser version of its MMORPG Requiem. Now, players can choose between downloading the traditional client or playing via the web browser. Requiem is a dark fantasy title concerning the battle between four races.
- Closed beta registration has begun for Dragon Crusade, a new free-to-play MMORTS from Aeria Games. To register, visit http://dragoncrusade.aeriagames.com.