Coming in September will be Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition from Focus Home Interactive and Cyanide Studio.
A new screenshot can be seen above. A BB character is at right.
Blood Bowl is based on the fantasy football game created by Games Workshop in which orcs, elves, humans, vampires and others take the sport to its bloody, over-the-top extremes.
The Chaos Edition will bring three new races to the game, including Chaos Dwarves, Daemons of Khorne and the Underworld.
Blood Bowl offers both single-player and online modes.
In other news:
- It's official. The next game in the Call of Duty franchise, Black Ops II, will arrive Nov. 13, Activision announced. This game will be set in the year 2025 where players will experience global warfare featuring advanced weapons, robotics and drone warfare.
- Renaissance Heroes will be an online FPS set in 16th-century Renaissance Europe, ChangYou.com announced. A closed beta is expected to launch this summer.
- Updates have been made to Jagged Alliance Online, gamigo AG reports. Changes include a reworked PvP system, an improved world map and adjustments to the difficulty of the game. The latter will involve access to certain mercenaries by lower-level players. JAO now is in open beta testing and is free to play.
- Atlus Online partnered with ZQGame to launch Shadowland Online, a free-to-play strategy game. The game will include social features, such as the ability to partake in massive team battles.
- If you are feeling creative, Fatshark is looking for help in naming weapons in its upcoming squad-based RPG Krater. The game is due June 12 on Steam. Enter your names at www.kratergame.com/gamedesigner.