Operation Silencer, a multiplayer weekend for Mass Effect 3, will frun from 8 p.m. CST May 11 to 7 a.m. CST May 14, EA announced.
The action will take place on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
The Allied goal will be to kill 3,000,000 banshees. Completion of the goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
The Squad goal is to survive until a full extraction on any map against any enemy on gold difficulty. Those who attain this feat will be in line for a Commendation Pack.
In other news:
- The tactical, turn-based World War II game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear has been released by Matrix Games, Slitherine and Western Civilization Software. The game puts players in command of Soviet or German forces on the Eastern Front during Operation Barbarossa.
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane, a fantasy strategy game of conquest and magic, was released by Paradox Interactive and Ino-Co Plus.
- The release date for BioShock Infinite from 2K Games has been pushed back to Feb. 26, 2013, the company announced. According to the company, the extra time will give developers the opportunity to "make Infinite into something even more extraordinary."
- Valve announced the availability of the free Portal 2 update "Perpetual Testing Initiative." The addition allows player to create and share their own Portal 2 puzzles.
- New heavy Soviet tanks, including the T-150, are rolling into action in World of Tanks, the free-to-play MMO of armored warfare from Wargaming.net. Included in the latest update is a new battle arena, the South Coast, and a new map, the Dragon's Ridge.
- A sequel is planned for Company of Heroes, THQ announced. Company of Heroes 2 will take the real-time strategy game to the Eastern Front of World War II. The game is expected early next year.